Haunted Lair Defense
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Rated 10/10 In Better Bogs and Caves Magazine
Every 100 years, when the Ancient Spider awakens to gaze at the Haunted Mirror, a Floating Eye is born... this time it's you.
Use your DESTROY-O RAY to shape a naturally occurring (proceedurally-generated with each new game) cave formation into your new lair- but beware! Conspiracies abound against you, and whole parties of adventurers seek your treasure and your eye stalks for their trophy room...
- Play as one of three different Haunted Floating Eyes, with four unique central eye types: Eye of the Spider, Eye of the Goat, Eye of the Fool, Eye of the Tiger.
- Zap interlopers with your magical eye beams such the brutal DESTROY-O-RAY, and the petrifying MEDUSA BEAM.
- WASD or Arrow Keys to move
- 1,2,3 numbers keys to choose primary action
- Left mouse button: Use primary action
I didn't make EVERYTHING for this from scratch, but damn near all of it. The font is from stuffbyspencer's Fonts N Goblins pack. It really ties the room together. I also made use of the Jumper pathfinding library. I'm bad at math.
Haunted Floating Eye was created as part of LÖVE Jam 2018.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
1.5" Button - Purple Haunted Floating Eye (of the Goat)
Fresh from the netherworld, these 1.5" buttons will let the world know you are (possibly) not to be trifled with. Plus they're cute, and the $3.50 you'll be giving me will make Haunted Eye even better!
- Haunted Floating Eye Release 3 - Moving Tiles and BodiesMar 11, 2018
- Haunted Floating Eye Release 2 is Now Available!Mar 03, 2018
- Leveling up, treasure, and (cave) interior decorationMar 01, 2018
- Next release timeline, NPC pathfinding, music, ladders and buttonsFeb 23, 2018
- HFE Devlog 1: FoundationsFeb 19, 2018
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.